Wednesday, May 29 7:00 pm Stirling Theatre – Eugene Burrell Hall
PASS THE WORD! BRING YOUR FRIENDS!
An ad hoc committee with the working title of “Stirling-Rawdon Arts Council” has met since January including: Councillor John Rock, Nancy Snowdon, Andrew Marre, Dave Bush and Marilyn (Mare) Lawrie.
Our first public meeting on April 17 drew (coincidentally!) 17 members of the Stirling-Rawdon arts community, Rotary and Lions Clubs, the Library, the Agricultural Society, Farmtown Park and the BIA.
Brainstorming at that meeting about what is needed in our community, above and beyond a central calendar, resulted in this list – broken down by category:
COURSES / WORKSHOPS / SPEAKERS
– Facebook, Social media, Online forums
– Grant applications
– Encouraging youth participation in crafts / evening session to experience and experiment – ie. quilting
EVENTS & PROMOTIONS
– Organize events
– Ensure there are evening events to accommodate those who work during the day
– Displays at the Library and Municipal Offices
– Use of display boards at Library and east end plaza to advertise events
– Develop an online calendar for arts/culture events through the municipality
– Develop a contact list of people who organize events to foster communications between groups
– Form groups of artists: musicians, potters, photographers, woodworkers, painters, fibre artists, etc
– Online shop
We are asking Stirling-Rawdon individuals/organizations and service club representatives involved in arts and culture, whether you attended the first meeting or not, to choose the top three points that could be developed.
Please send your thoughts to: email@example.com or leave a message in the SFT Facebook Inbox and we will bring these ideas to the upcoming meeting for discussion. We also need individuals who can step up and take on projects and coordination of activities.