“Theatre is about community. When we sit together in a theatre and watch a play, we are having a communal experience. Stirling Festival Theatre wants to continue our community building and community outreach ‘beyond the doors’ of the Stirling Theatre. Whenever possible, SFT staff will take part in events outside of the theatre and out in our community at large.” – Ken MacDougall, Artistic Director.
Beyond the Doors 2019
- We returned to the National Air Force Museum of Canada on Saturday May 11 for the 15th Annual Invisible Ribbon Gala, raising funds to support military families in our community. Hosted by the Trenton Military Family Resource Centre, the SFT is proud to contribute to an event where 100% of net proceeds will support military families in our community. Thousands of dollars were raised and everyone loved the interaction with the characters that Ken MacDougall devised!
- Front Porch Shenanigans returns to porches in downtown Stirling – May 23 to 26. And the ‘beyond the porch’ shenanigans continue on Sunday with the 2nd annual ‘Shenanigans’ Showcase’ at 1pm on the Main Stage at the Stirling Theatre. FREE admission! No tickets required – admittance at the door. Our upstairs Eugene Burrell Hall concession and bar opens at 12 noon.
- More Beyond the Doors events and activities to be announced!
Beyond the Doors 2018
- We provided an actor for a March Break event at the Quinte Mall.
- The Stirling Festival Theatre Young Company sang the National Anthem at a Belleville Senators hockey game at the Quinte Sports & Wellness Centre on Stirling Day. Here’s the video that kicked off the 8-2 Belleville Sens win that night!!
- On May 12, the SFT produced vignettes and stories involving professional actors for the ‘Night at the Museum’ Fundraiser at the National Air Force Museum of Canada as part of their 14th Annual Invisible Ribbon Gala. Click on the links to see what the The Belleville Intelligencer and Quinte News had to say!
- At the 2018 Water Buffalo Food Festival on Sat. September 15, our Young Company performed songs from their recent hit show – ‘Beauty and the Beast‘.
- On October 20, we produced a dinner theatre murder mystery event for the Hastings County Historical Society‘s Annual Banquet and Celebration of History at the Travelodge Hotel. ‘Who Stuffed the Body in the Grand Trunk?‘ included local history with healthy doses of hysterics and mayhem!