“Theatre is about community. When we sit together in a theatre and watch a play, we are having a communal experience. Stirling Festival Theatre will continue our community-building and community outreach beyond the doors of the Stirling Theatre. Whenever possible, SFT staff will participate in events outside of the theatre to support events and activities in our region.”
– Ken MacDougall, Artistic Director.
Beyond the Doors 2022
- As a theatre company, we understand how hard it is for teachers to be asked to “pivot” with little to no prep time. We know that this past year and a half has been difficult for teachers and students alike. We know how hard you are working to support our kids and we salute you!In the search for creative ways to engage students in online learning, we are offering the school version of our 2021 Pantomime, Sleeping Beauty. We’ve had great feedback from the teachers who viewed the show with their classes last December. This is an exciting opportunity to bring a theatre experience to your students in a unique and fun way!
- For $100 per classroom you will receive:
- The YouTube link of our 2021 Sleeping Beauty Pantomime, approx 1.5 hours
- A short video of a backstage tour of the Stirling Festival Theatre
- To book tickets, or for more information, Click here.
Beyond the Doors 2020 & 2021
- Due to the global pandemic, we were unable to offer ‘Beyond the Doors’ because of provincial and regional health mandates regarding public safety.
Beyond the Doors 2019
- We returned to the National Air Force Museum of Canada on Saturday May 11 for the 15th Annual Invisible Ribbon Gala, raising funds to support military families in our community. Hosted by the Trenton Military Family Resource Centre, the SFT is proud to contribute to an event where 100% of net proceeds will support military families in our community. Thousands of dollars were raised and everyone loved the interaction with the characters that Ken MacDougall devised!
- Front Porch Shenanigans returns to porches in downtown Stirling – May 23 to 26. And the ‘beyond the porch’ shenanigans continue on Sunday with the 2nd annual ‘Shenanigans’ Showcase’ at 1pm on the Main Stage at the Stirling Theatre. FREE admission! No tickets required – admittance at the door. Our upstairs Eugene Burrell Hall concession and bar opens at 12 noon.
Beyond the Doors 2018
- We provided an actor for a March Break event at the Quinte Mall.
- The Stirling Festival Theatre Young Company sang the National Anthem at a Belleville Senators hockey game at the Quinte Sports & Wellness Centre on Stirling Day. Here’s the video that kicked off the 8-2 Belleville Sens win that night!!
- On May 12, the SFT produced vignettes and stories involving professional actors for the ‘Night at the Museum’ Fundraiser at the National Air Force Museum of Canada as part of their 14th Annual Invisible Ribbon Gala. Click on the links to see what the The Belleville Intelligencer and Quinte News had to say!
- At the 2018 Water Buffalo Food Festival on Sat. September 15, our Young Company performed songs from their recent hit show – ‘Beauty and the Beast‘.
- On October 20, we produced a dinner theatre murder mystery event for the Hastings County Historical Society‘s Annual Banquet and Celebration of History at the Travelodge Hotel. ‘Who Stuffed the Body in the Grand Trunk?‘ included local history with healthy doses of hysterics and mayhem!