A new initiative for the Stirling Festival Theatre is ‘Beyond the Doors’.
Theatre is about community. When we sit together in a theatre and watch a play, we are having a communal experience. Stirling Festival Theatre wants to continue our community building and community outreach beyond the doors of the Stirling Theatre. Whenever possible, SFT staff will take part in events outside of the theatre and out in our community at large.
- We provided an actor for a March Break event at the Quinte Mall.
- The Stirling Festival Theatre Young Company sang the National Anthem at a Belleville Senators hockey game at the Quinte Sports & Wellness Centre on Stirling Day. Here’s the video that kicked off the 8-2 Belleville Sens win that night!!
- On May 12, the SFT produced vignettes and stories involving professional actors for the ‘Night at the Museum’ Fundraiser at the National Air Force Museum of Canada as part of their 14th Annual Invisible Ribbon Gala. Hosted by the Trenton Military Family Resource Centre, the SFT is proud to contribute to an event where 100% of net proceeds will support military families in our community. Click on the links to see what the The Belleville Intelligencer and Quinte News had to say!
- At the 2018 Water Buffalo Food Festival on Sat. September 15, our Young Company performed songs from their recent hit show – ‘Beauty and the Beast‘.
- On October 20, we will produce a dinner theatre murder mystery event for the Hastings County Historical Society‘s Annual Banquet and Celebration of History at the Travelodge Hotel. ‘Who Stuffed the Body in the Grand Trunk?‘ will include local history with healthy doses of hysterics and mayhem!