There is nothing typical about our amazing SFT Volunteers, but if we could put our finger on any one thing that makes each individual stand out… it would be their keen interest in making theatre successful in our small community, attracting audiences from near and far!
A desire to contribute their past expertise towards the success of the SFT is one of their stellar attributes.
Over the past 22 years our not-for-profit charity, in a small village in Eastern Ontario, could not have made professional theatre and theatre-for-young-audiences a success without our dedicated Volunteer team right from the start.
If our values resonate with YOU, then we would like to introduce you to the SFT Volunteers and the opportunities that the Stirling Festival Theatre can provide to meet your needs and our goals. Please review the following information about the SFT and our volunteer program:
We’re looking for dedicated individuals who can contribute to being an integral part of our SFT Team:
SHOWS & EVENTS – FRONT OF HOUSE VOLUNTEERS
• Ushering/greeting patrons/handing out programs (Junior Ushers – under 18 – required as well!)
• Selling 50/50 tickets
• Assisting in our Box Office distributing ticket pickups for busy shows (no computer experience required!)
• Bartending in the Eugene Burrell Hall (Smart Serve Certificate required)
• Dinner theatre set-up and running
• Phone calls and assisting with pre-show office admin
SHOWS & EVENTS – TECHNICAL & BACKSTAGE VOLUNTEERS
• Set construction, or set painting
• Costume sewing, decoration or maintenance
• Property/”props” sourcing, decoration or maintenance
• Assistance to the designers/technicians for lighting or sound set ups and/or operating lighting and sound
• Follow-spot operator
• Backstage running crew
• Wig maintenance
SHOWS & EVENTS – SFT YOUNG COMPANY VOLUNTEERS
• Assistant to the Director
• Musical Director
• Rehearsal Pianist
• Assistant to the Choreographer
• Child Supervisor
SHOWS & EVENTS – OTHER SUPPORT VOLUNTEERS
• Billeting company members
• Drivers/Transport of SFT artists
• Hosting company gatherings
SHOWS & MARKETING – PROMOTIONS & FUNDRAISING VOLUNTEERS
• Mail-out preparation
• Poster/Brochure distributions (gas costs are reimbursed)
• Online Media assistance
• Auction Item procurement
• Donor/Sponsor/Membership approaches
• Costume & Prop sale support
GENERAL ADMINISTRATION VOLUNTEERS
• Keyboarding/Data input
• Phone calls
• Maintaining SFT Archives and other filing
STIRLING THEATRE COMPLEX MAINTENANCE VOLUNTEERS
• Painting (interior or exterior)
• General repairs
• If you have other skills… just let us know!
Join us now and be an integral part of the theatre experience. You’ll make new friends and have fun, and after all… that’s the best part of being a volunteer!
For more information please contact: Rich Eady, Volunteer Coordinator, 613-395-2100 / 877-312-1162 or firstname.lastname@example.org.